DG Recruitment and Development
The Directorate-General Recruitment and Development undertakes the supervision of federal employees, from their selection and recruitment all the way to the end of their career. In addition, this directorate-general develops the HR regulations applicable to the federal public office and performs the administrative controls. It also acts as centre of expertise for management and support of operational transformations in the federal government.
Specifically, the DG Recruitment and Development offers advice and support in the area of:
- staff planning: preparation of the staff plan (incl. use of the SEPP tool), job classification etc.
- recruitment: editing job descriptions, customised recruitment communications etc.
- selection: drawing up profiles, screening of statutory and contractual staff, top management, promotions etc.
- staff movements: inplacement/internal mobility, outplacement etc.
- career management: career guidance, estimating potential etc.
- staff regulations: defining the legislation applicable to the federal public office
- performing of administrative audits
- certification: language competences, signing etc.
- learning and development: learning solutions for cross-disciplinary and/or generic competencies, customised training solutions, Vitruvius leadership track, etc.
- knowledge management
- performance management: evaluation via Crescendo and Panorama, disciplinary procedures etc.
- welfare: benefits for federal staff, health and safety in the workplace, Staff and Welfare network, PreviUs.be etc.
- organisational development: new forms of working and collaborating
- process management and optimisation: workload measurement, structural process improvement (operational excellence/Lean Academy) etc.
- quality management and customer focus: common assessment framework (CAF), service design and ‘citizen relationship management’, complaints management etc.